Facebook, earlier this week, released their new XMPP Facebook Chat which now allows any XMPP-enabled chat client to connect to Facebook chat. For whatever reason I thought this was already how things were done, but I guess not. I just set this up with Pidgin and figured I’d share the information.
1) Under the accounts menu, select Manage Accounts.
2) Select “Add” and then select the “XMPP” protocol.
3) Username is whatever your Facebook username is. For instance, http://facebook.com/blah would mean your username is “blah”
4) Domain is chat.facebook.com
5) Under the Advanced tab, uncheck Require SSL/TLS (not sure how I feel about this TBQH)
There we go, you should be able to connect now.